Friday, November 26, 2010

I dedicate each mile I run to....

It's just not Thanksgiving in Austin without the Turkey Trot.  This year was the 20th year.  Austin is a very healthy type of city and for this I love it.  Usually most turkey Trots in other cities are a 3 mile 5k but not Austin. It has to be five miles.  Running and I broke up for a while but now we are so very happily reunited and so I ran the Turkey Trot for a few reasons.  I needed to know that I could still run like I did before my Pulmonary Embolism.  I truly really love running and I wanted to burn off a large amount of calories prior to Thanksgiving dinner.  I decided that each mile should have a meaning or a dedication of sorts.  So here is what each mile meant to me.

Mile 1-  This was for my recovery in the first two months.  I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded but it was OK because I was still around to get winded.

Mile 2- This mile was dedicated to the next two months.  I realized I was stronger than I ever thought possible and I resumed something that I vowed to finish and I did.

Mile 3- This mile was dedicated to all the people that supported me throughout my recovery.  It was rough and I couldn't of made without the great support that I have had

Mile 4- This mile was dedicated to all of the newly created  goals that I will conquer.  Before Everything happened I would never have aimed as high or dreamed as big as I do now.  Strength will do that to a person

Mile 5- Well this is the most important one.  I ran this mile the fastest and hardest.  I dedicated it to all  the people that didn't get as lucky as I did and did not survive there blood clots.  I owed  it to all those people who countless stories exist.  This is why it was my fastest  and best mile to date.  I am truly blessed.  It was my best Turkey Trot run because I am here and I get to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment